profile

HI, I'M KIM.


archives

December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2008



Tuesday, April 03, 2007 @ 5:52 pm
Roleplay

When I'm 22, I aim to own a cafe, and I will sell something that will be the longest-lasting fad in the history of the world! (Still thinking of what to sell.)

By the time I'm 26, I want to have made my first million from the thing that I'm going to sell and everyone will be copying my wonderful idea, so I will close down and the other businesses will have to close down to because the demand would have gone down. I will then open a hairdressing salon and employ David Gan. All the celebrities will come over (some even FLY over) to my hair salon to have their hair done and I will charge them $300 per 'hair-job' and they won't mind because I'll serve them complimentary super-high-quality Green Tea flown over specially from Japan to satisfy their taste buds (even though they may not be able to tell the difference). By doing that, people from other countries will never ever think that Singapore is in China and that we live in tree houses ever again. I will also get married to a nice doting husband that will never fail to relieve my stress and yet not fuss over trivial things like his first white hair (even at the age of 27) and just let me dye it for him with do-it-yourself dye and we'd have a blast playing with the colours maybe he'd even be sporting and let me dye it a nice shade of red for a change. He will also have a job that would provide us with a stable income for the rest of our lives.

When I get tired of staring at dead cells all day, probably at around the age of 28, I will leave my hair salon to my apprentices and let them do all the work, and I'll still get 20% of the profits. My husband and I will then fly to Poland and eat all the bagels and sausages that we can lay our hands on until we get sick of it. We will also go to Auschwitz and pay respects to the millions of Jews that Adolf Hitler and his Nazis massacred. Then, we'll fly t0 Africa and dedicate a year to helping kids and families to rebuild their homes and relationships (I will be their psychiatrist and my husband can be their construction worker). We will then have our first child at the age of 29.

After that, I'll come back to Singapore (my homeland!) and pursue a career in teaching and I will tell my students cool things to keep them from sleeping in my class and I WILL NOT let my personal moods get in the way of teaching, because I have learned that the moods of teachers affects the way that they teach and in turn that affects the learning of the students and sometimes it will cause them to sleep. However, if they still fall asleep, no matter how enthusiastic I try to be, I will play them a music video or short movie clip to wake them up and then I'll resume teaching them proper lessons again. By then I'll be about 31 (after I finish my stint in the NIE) and my daughter will be so pretty that all the boys in her playgroup would be falling head over heels in love with her (literally). She will also be so smart that she can recite her ABC's and count up to 100 and her Chinese will be as fluent as the newscasters on Channel 8. A need for another sibling to play with will be present, so my husband and I will have our 2nd child and he will be so cute and adorable and smart and gentle that even older women want to cuddle him up to go to sleep BUT ONLY I (and okay fine maybe my Mom) WILL HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO DO SO and his sister would love him very much and look after him very well. (I will time it such that my maternity break falls on the school holidays so my students don't miss out on too many ENJOYABLE AND NOT SLEEP-INDUCING lessons!)

At 33 I'll have my 3rd child (boy, equally as cute as the first, smart, playful, livens up the family) and I'll continue teaching (and earning the 20% profit from the hair salon that I set up) until I'm about 50 and my kids will be teenagers so I will have another 3 teens to cope with at home in addition to the hundreds that I face in school. Hopefully I wont be dead or divorced. My kids and my husband and I will have a very open communication channel and they wont be afraid to tell me about the tests that they failed (hopefully kept to a bare minimal) and their troubles and problems and stress and we'd spend hours on end together doing fun activities like going to Sentosa or spending the day at the IR (NOT THE CASINO) or movies or shopping.

And then I'll retire at the age of 55 and by then my husband and I would be owning properties and shares and live in a nice condo with a stylish and functional yet cheap car and our kids would be so proud to have parents like us and we'd regularly fly over to Africa (where we helped with the houses/relationship-building) for a week every three months and our kids wont be immersed in the world of juvenile delinquency.

25 years later, I would have seen all three children get married and have 8 grandchildren and given away a million hongbaos during Chinese New Year and fussed over wrapping presents in wrapping paper for Christmas and pretended to be the tooth fairy 60 times (for every tooth that drops out from my childrens' mouths) and made love with my husbands too many times to keep track and become very... ample, and still have a hot body and earned a sense of deep respect in my students' minds and imparted my life's experiences to my children and students and be able to advise them on what is wrong and what is right. I don't need the biggest house, nor the biggest car. I don't need the most prestigious title nor a doctorate. I don't need to eat at the poshest restaurants all the time, or have the world bow down at my feet. Until the day I die, I just hope to have those few girlfriends there for me (and I for them) and the husband+kids thing as mentioned above. I want to know that I have achieved something in life, and that I will not be forgotten in the hearts of those that I have taught/become close to. Everyone will be healthy, and no one will cry when I go because they'll know that I've gone to a much better place (I hope) in a world free of stress and worries and the pressure of life.

But until I'm 22... 208 days to the first academic hurdle (excluding the PSLE) towards our lifetime accomplishments. Everyone's stepping up their games. Maybe I should too...? Zrobię to!

(This post is dedicated to Carine because she wants to die by 50 and I don't.)

Kocham Cię :)